Lucky number 7

Last weekend we celebrated Ruby's 7th bday. We surely wanted to make it known that we had a birthday in the house so we adorned everyone with Sponge Bob birthday hats and had a party! See the pictures below for the proof:





It was a great week to celebrate. I also was able to meet up with a friend of mine who is an accomplished Ironman triathlete. He is offering me coaching support through this next year. It's a great connection, he now works for Ironman full time. Anyway, we chatted details about my training program which starts officially on October 18th. He had lots of great advice for me, and some "words of wisdom" which were tailor made for me. Since he knows me so well he most definitely knows the things that I need to focus on (i.e. not being so OCD). I look forward to the program, here is a sample week from my program;

MONDAY
*Swim 60-75mins
*Bike 60 mins

TUESDAY
*Bike 1hr 40mins
*Run 55mins

WEDNESDAY
*Swim 60 mins
*Bike 1hr 20mins

THURSDAY
*Swim 60mins
*Run 1hr 15mins

FRIDAY
*Rest!

SATURDAY
*Bike 3hrs 25mins
*Run 50mins

SUNDAY
*Bike 1hr 15mins
*Run 2hours

Each of these workouts have very specific guidelines for where my heart rate needs to be, along with some very specific goals during the workout (I will provide those type of details as I describe my training weeks later this year). This example week is not the first week, but several weeks into the program. On top of this I will be full body strength training two times per week and doing yoga one or two times per week. Sounds like a lot of work? Well, that's because it is! You don't just go out and go for 140.6miles without training. I am looking forward to the challenge. Until my structured program starts I am really just starting to get some consistency with my swimming, biking and running. Had a great 90 minute ride today. The other piece of advice I received was to not beat myself up if I miss 10 minutes of a workout. He said, "let it go, enjoy the time you did and move on". Hmmm... isn't that the perfect advice for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...