It was 16... but it wasn't a "sweet 16"

SLACKER. The word to describe me this week. Last week I had a great training week and was feeling really good. This week not so good. If you had observed my behavior this week it would have made you wonder if a cupcake was breastfeeding me. Let's just say I had a real sweet tooth this week and I barely came up for air. Of course it is no surprise that the "sweet tooth bandit" suffered the consequences and was reduced for sloth like behavior most of the week. *sigh*

Just in case you need me to spell this out a little clearer... sloth like behavior does not equal Ironman performance. When it came time for my long run today the evidence was clear. Little miss jelly roll waddled down the Centennial Trail for a pathetic 16 miles. My goal was to get 18 miles in but I became dehydrated and got pretty stiff about 12 miles in and surrendered at 16. Not to mention I was running late to go into work. Since my pace resorted to less than lightening speed I cut the run short. I've just placed my recovery compression socks on. I know the disclaimer didn't mention that "compression socks can not reduce fatigue associated with being a hyperglycemic fat ass" so I'm thinking there is a chance for recovery here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...