Bricks, Humble Pie and Shredded Hammies... the breakfast of champions

Well the holidays are finally freakin' over! Why is it that the holiday season evokes such a insurmountable level of stress when it is supposed to be such a joyous season?! I just don't understand that. If you can tell by my title, I have had an interesting last couple of weeks. No... this title has nothing to do with Christmas. It has more to do with my recent training schedule.

Bricks: stacked workouts such as running immediately after cycling. Your legs feel and work like a baby giraffes legs for the first 10-15 minutes but then after that you adjust. Be sure to head right out and get yourself a brick workout in the morning.

Humble Pie: I get this taste in my mouth every time I swim. Funny how one little workout and bring you down to feeling about an inch tall. I also experience a sample of this when I ride by bike for an extended period of time. The female anatomy is quite sensitive on a rock hard, narrow seat.

Shredded Hammies: the feeling that ensues the day or two after straight leg deadlifts. Nuff said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...