I need a new profile picture

Well, it's true. I really need to update my profile picture with something that is more in line with my new goal of Ironman. I guess I will have to put that on my "To-Do Scroll" (it's less of a list and more of a scroll at this point). This week, well it was better than last and not too bad. I had to take a mid-week break due to being overly stressed, exhausted and on the verge of getting seriously sick (NO THANK YOU!) However, even on that "rest day" I was at the gym at 6:15am doing a great functional strength circuit with Em, it was just my swim and run I had to cut out after work. This how the story goes. Nicole comes home from work, physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted. She decides a short nap would help perk her up for her swim and bike workout. About 30 minutes later she wakes up with a freezing cold set of feet and icicle nose, this was only after 6 or 7 cycles of sweating profusely like a woman in menopause and then shivering like an eskimo outside of his igloo. Then ensued Operation Sleep to Prevent Sickness. This operation lasted MANY hours and interfered with the following work day, in which I arrived 2 hours late to. It did seem to work though, I was feeling much better after work last night and I was able to get my days workouts in;

*45 minute bike ride
*1 hour swim

On top of that I decided I should probably tag another 45 minute run on top of that. Calculator please... yes, that was 2 1/2 hours of working out on a Thursday evening. You've either gotta be crazy or an Ironman in training to do that. Fortunately I am both so it is fitting. This weekend brings a couple of bike rides and a run. Looking forward to feeling accomplished both Saturday and Sunday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...