walking on stilts

well... its official.  remember that workout i had planned?  well, it came and went.  meaning - i did it... and then kinda regretted it!  holy moly!  i was sooooo sore.  my legs hurt so bad i spent three solid days hobbling around.  picture a woman who is 9 months pregnant walking on stilts.  no really... you know the "pregnant lean back" thats how i managed to get down stairs.  no, im not pregnant thats just the visual im giving.  it sucked.  but was humbling.
on other fronts, my nutrition has been good.  i feel much more in control.  one great thing is that my new co-workers and i created some healthy snack baskets.  we added fresh fruit, nuts, dried berries, healthy granola bars, teas, etc. so that we are surrounded by yummy healthy things when we want a snack.  its seriously great.  we also have access to a great cafeteria if i forget my lunch.  basically there is really no excuse to turn into a cookie monster at 3pm.  my cravings and feelings of exhaustion have also gone away.  i am happy to announce that i have been off my anxiety meds for 5 solid days.  i went through a weaning off phase and feel great.  i cant believe how stressed and buried i was.  i finally feel "normal" again.  im really looking forward to my journey ahead.  more to come...

ps (i am typing this on my tablet, so pardon the puncutations and misspellings)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...