R.I.P.P.E.D. and running!

Greetings loved ones!  Well I have much to update you on.  First, I have started running again.  Hellz bellz!  I ran three times last week.  Only 2 miles or so each time... but that's a great start considering I haven't been running regularly in a. very. long. time.  The runs have felt great, I actually have energy when I come home from work and have run twice after work in the evening.  My body hasn't been hurting or achy like it usually is after work.  While i have been running at a much slower pace than I normally would (think snail pace... firing on two cylinders), I have still been out in the open air with my hair flowing in the wind (well, actually I have been wearing a beanie but you get the idea here).

Secondly, I recently tried a new class called R.I.P.P.E.D.  It's the next fitness craze.  While I liked it, I'm just not sure the gargantuan class is for me (yes, there were a lot of people there).  The format was good but I think I'd like to stick with my own little strength training routines - which I have actually been doing again!!!!  I have made good use of my TRX, kettlebells, dumbbells, elliptical, spin bike, exerball and yoga mat that I have in my basement workout area.  I haven't been going balls to the wall on the weights, only 1-2 sets of 8-10 different exercises, but I have been just sore enough to know that I am making improvements.  My mid-back has been sore.  Gotta be careful there with the vertebrae issues I have, working on getting those babies nice and strong!  Whoot whoot!


As far as nutrition... well the amazing thing is that since I have been off my anxiety meds (not sure if I mentioned this before but there ya go) I have been so much better about my food intake, both type of food and amount.  I feel like ME again.  I will blog more about food later and some of my new fav recipes like Kale salad - yummer!  (see preview pic above - grilled chicken breast with szechwan seasoning, grilled peppers and kale salad)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...