Back in the saddle... yeee ha!

I spent some time in the weight room tonight - first time since I been back in Spokane and since before my vacation (we did "lift" one time during vacation but I'm not counting that). I did a cardio split with some HIIT and lifted pretty heavy chest/tri's. Yowza! The muscles are freakin' out wondering what da heck jus happened to 'em! I know for sure that I will be sore, I can tell already. It's amazing how you can loose so much strength (and confidence) in just a couple of weeks. I was fumbling all over the weight room, resembling a baby horse trying to walk for the first time (not quite as nice of a physique though). Eeekk! How embarrasing... it's almost like I need to lift in hiding for a couple of weeks before I present myself to the public again! One nice thing is that all the guys who lift when I usually lift were excited to see me back - they were wondering where I had been and were wondering if I was going to "compete again"... made me feel good - I can grunt and throw the weight around like the best of the big balla's in there (well... when I am back up to "snuff" I can).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...