I'm BaaaaaAAaaack!





Greetings and Aloha! I am both glad and sad to say that I am back in Washington (missing paradise already but glad to be back in a routine and with my doggo's). We had an amazing time below are a few pictures the first couple are from our room and yes, this picture was taken with NO zoom. I coulda thrown a baseball out our window and had in land in the ocean it was that close - amazing! Below are a few other pictures...


A beautiful sunset from the resort....


The lil green shack tauts the "worlds best banana bread"... it took some real "Indiana Jones driving to get there - scariest thing I have ever drivin on (don't have pictures of that part of the road I was too busy having a heart attack). The concierge said "DO NOT go past this point" on the map - it is VERY dangerous... but I guess I will do anything for some good banana bread. I will confirm that it was the best bread of any kind I have ever had - when we got it, it was still hot from the oven... yummer!


A great little snorkeling spot... complete with giant sea turtles ('Honu' in hawaiian)
We had an amazing time on the trip, lots of great food too! :) Wish I had taken a picture of the breakfast buffet, the farmers markets and a great place to get local gelato (selling many different tropical fruit flavors including a "lilikoi goat cheese" flavor... lilikoi is passion fruit in hawaiian - delish!). The resort we stayed at had a great workout facility that was right on the beach and accessible from a beach trail that extended about a mile and a half from our resort... so we did do a lil exercisin'!
Now that I am back I am ready to get back into a workout routine. I have noticed that the lack of a routine has left me drained for energy and feeling pretty lethargic. The macadamia nuts, mai tai's, gelato, kalua pork, lomi lomi salmon, etc. has also left me feelin kinda pudgy :( luckily it didn't get to the point where my swimsuits looked like saran wrap on my body (close but not quite to that point yet). Now the task begins... what other than the Portland Marathon will I pile on my plate this year? Whether it be just the marathon or more, I am really looking forward to getting back to my morning routine - hoping that it brings my old "rockin roll", "can do" attitude and energy with it! So... this week I will be dragging my zombieness outta bed at the butt crack of dawn (thankfully with sunlight this time of the year) and into the torture chamber we all refer to as the "gym". Really I mean that in a loving way... don't pay any attention to the claw marks and clinched jaw.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...