It's just not fair, I don't understand...


We got the final biopsy results from Ruby's bone biopsy... worst news possible - Osteosarcoma. Osteo-what?!?! I was fearful that is what they were going to say, but I was truly hoping they might have been wrong the first time. Here is where the difficult journey begins... realistically the treatments that the vet would recommend may only prolong life for a year or so. The treatments are very aggressive, amputate the leg and start chemo therapy. This is a very expensive treatment protocol, we have rough figures that it will cost in the neighborhood of $10,000. I am willing to spend this kind of money if it means she will have many years left with us but I am unsure I want to put her through that kind of stress for only a few extra months. We will be proceeding with a meeting with the vet oncologist to discuss all of the questions that we currently have. Truly, I am as scared as I have ever been in my life. I don't want to let Ruby down and make the wrong decision, she is worth every penny and ounce of energy that we have if it means her quality of life is extended. This news is completely devastating to TJ and I. I am almost embarrassed to admit it, but I think I am in a complete state of depression. She is part of our family and has been there with me through every step of the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...