Rollin', rollin', rollin'...

It is time for me to bust out my foam roller like a mad man. My hips have been tight along with my IT bands. Some describe the experience of rolling out an IT band as "hurts so good" (and yet I ask again... when does the "good" part come). I hate using the foam roller - mostly because I am too lazy I guess and because it sucks! I squeal like a baby pig every time I use it, small tears of blood may have actually slowly rolled down my face a time or two because of the sadistic foam roller. Today I am backing off my mileage to be sure I can loosen my hips up. I was going to do a 10 miler but decided to back down the mileage. The other reason I am backing off is because I am headed out on a jet plane for vacay... Maui! We are pumped and I've got to finish packing my 30 bikinis! Getting out of Spokane while it is rainy and windy will put a smile on my face! One of the activities we have planned is a snorkeling trip at a sunken in crater off the island of Maui, called Molokini. This crater was a volcano that erupted and then caved in on itself, only the brim is peaking out of the water... see the amazing picture below


You can hire someone to take you to this area. This has been called the best diving spot in the world - we don't dive but we can snorkel or maybe even snuba (in between snorkeling and scuba). I am hoping that I don't see anything that will make me wanna poop my pants. They say that you can see white tip reef sharks out here - they have been said to not be aggressive but wouldn't your instincts say, "ah, hell na!" to seeing a shark of any kind? TJ has me freaked out saying that we might also see barracudas and I am like, seriously?!?! Do you want me to go or not? Anyway, it should be fun and adventurous. We have a few other activities planned, I will have to post pictures after the trip! We will be in Hawaii for a week, and as much as I love to blog I will not be doing any of that on my trip - I will be laying on a beach, eating some tropical fruit and over consuming Mai Tai's (the over consumption of Mai Tai's will start on the way there - nice thing about first class flights is that you get lots of free yummy drinks, and the flight to hawaii they give you mai tai's and other hawaii inspired beverages). Until I return I say Aloha! and Mahalo for reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...