Oh hot damn... this is my jam!

I completed a long run this morning... well I don't really consider anything a long run unless its over 12 miles but for the sake of my training calendar this was considered my 'long run' day. I did just under 8 miles today... with an average pace of 8:45 min/mile. This pace is right on target with where I would like to be - your long run pace is should be somewhere between 30 sec and 1 min slower than your marathon race pace.

Oh the memories this run brought back today! Of course most of my runs are done on the Centennial Trail, which runs right along side the Spokane River (beautiful course really). I use the trail because it is so darn close to my house, has no traffic, bathrooms at some mile markers and its easy to do an 'out and back' run. I have probably logged 2,000 miles on that trail... so I know it like the back of my hand! The curves of the pavement, the smells of certain plants (or Krispy Kreme which is conveniently located at mile ~9.25), the "regulars" and the feel of the river air all brought back soooo many memories! That part of the trail is definitely my stompin ground and this is my jam! Holla!

I have had very tight muscles since last weeks race, so my goal this week to do a lot of stretching and keep everything loose so that I can get some good miles in. The funny thing was I was so used to doing "cardio on an empty stomach" in the morning that I almost forgot to eat before my run this morning. This is a complete 180 deg change in training philosophy. I savored a gel just prior to my run and one about 45 mins in. Ohhh gels... I've missed you so much!

Right now I am still kinda acting like a hybrid of a figure competitor and a marathoner. This is mostly attributed to my protein powder craving and continual consumption. I made a new thing last night... High Protein Guiltfree PB Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! These have NO flour, white sugar, butter or oil in them! See below for the ingredients:

*1 3/4 cup traditional oats
*4 scoops vanilla protein powder
*2 tbsp ground flaxseed
*6 egg whites
*1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
*2 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
*2 tbsp natural peanut butter (I decided on this at the last minute for some extra "pizazz")
*dash cinnamon
*1/2 cup raisins (optional)
*1 tbsp sugarfree maple syrup
*1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix together and bake and you have a "cookie". They look pretty similar to a cookie, but have a slightly different texture - honestly I think they are legit! They have ~15g of protein per cookie! Yes, my perception may be warped, but heck I don't have to feel guilty eating these!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...