Concrete legs

WTF body?!?! I say that to my body because dang... yesterday my legs felt like they were filled with concrete on my run. Part of this is because I ran late in the afternoon after a day of not drinking enough water and therefore, being slightly dehydrated. The run went ok, at this point in time I am trying to get in my routine and get regular runs in during the week. It does take some time for your body to become accustomed to the outdoor running, the high impact nature of the exercise does cause more muscle damage. There is significantly more muscle damage running outside than running indoors on a treadmill. And since most of my running this year has been on the hamster wheel I am going through an "acclimatization phase" with my outdoor running. I felt like the tin man this morning getting out of bed, yes complete with the sound effects (eeh er, eeh er...).


Last night TJ and I went to Clinkerdagger and went nuts! We had sooo much good food - including 'to die for' lobster tails. We grabbed some gelato from the Chocolate Apothecary afterwards, oh man did all of the food taste good! My eating was whack yesterday. I only ate three times yesterday, protein pancakes (morning), Twigs (at lunch with Em) and then dinner with TJ. I was stuffed like a pork loin after dinner! My discovery is that I am sorta wondering if I am kinda allergic to sweets and starchy carbs, etc. I have been "achy" all over, especially after consuming large quantities of these things. I can't tell at this time if its from the running or from the food - maybe both! I will be doing a small experiment on myself to see what may be causing this (ok, the experiment comment sounds a little weird)... the results of this experiment are tbd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...