more choices = more temptation

Here is my newest discovery... more choices = more temptation! The more types of food I have around me the more 'willing' I am to sample the flavors. This is a serious dilemma for a foodie like me. I love to cook and experience great foods, but I am concerned at this point with how this will affect my waistline - especially because my running hasn't settled into a regular pattern yet. The honest truth is that my body has changed since the show (of course a few lbs was expected) but I don't want this to turn into a feeding frenzy. I have really come to this conclusion that too many choices is not a good thing. I am planning on picking up my running regimen, but have taken a couple of days off because I have been sore from Sunday's race. My goal for the next couple of days is to settle into my "new routine"... this "new routine" is TBD - if anyone out there knows what it is or has it, please let me know :) Just kidding! I know what my new routine is - I just have to tweak a few things and then actually stick to it! Ahhh the journey's of structured nutritional regimens... I will post more later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...