A face lift... and the turning of a new leaf

You may have thought you clicked on the wrong website when you first re-entered my blog! I gave it a face lift! Figured why not?! I am turning a new leaf over... now on a new adventure and it's time for a change. This is partially due to the fact that I finally had enough time to sit down and make some changes!


As you can read my blog title has changed... it now reads "Boston Bound". This is due to my next goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon this year. If you follow me along you will get to read about my tireless 'long runs', black toenails, nutritional negotiations (aka GI distress), tight IT bands, etc. Sounds like fun, eh?! Well... this isn't my first rodeo ~ this is a very fun and fulfilling habit (marathoning). Very therapeutic for me. The difference this year is that I intend to take my training more serious than ever and I will also structure my nutrition a bit more than I have in the past. I will try and be better at posting the details of my training too :).

The other thing that will be great about this process is that I will be helping to support Em (and Paul (Paul, if you're reading this that's a confirmation on your registration right?!) in finishing their first full marathon. I look forward to seeing them accomplish a goal of their own, plus I love it when people complete their first full marathon... something about it gives me chills. It's going to be a great rest of the year...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...