Back away from the Kookabura

Have you ever tried Kookabura licorice? Oh my goodness- it so good, it ain't even right! I love their licorice! We got some yesterday and I proceeded to mow through it like a wood chipper. The stuff is so good, not too sweet and super chewy. It is an old friend of mine that I hadn't seen in quite a while. I took a gander at the nutritional info on the bag and almost dropped the bag. Wha?!?! This stuff really has that many calories for that many pieces? How can that be? It's just innocent little licorice. To add "salt to my wounds" there were 8 1/2 servings in the bag. Who is making up these portions anyway? Are these portions meant for lego people? I could have EASILY eaten the whole bag... and, now that I think of it probably have at one point or another. Moral of the story, beware of the black devil licorice.


Changing topics... today was a great workout. Got up early, the sun was blazing at 5:15am - beautiful! I was planning on doing a cross training day today. I have decided that I would do a cross training day at some point mid-week. This girl was HIIT'in it in the gym (did intervals on the StepMill). I then proceeded to lift, a mixture of "crossfit style" lifts and whole body plyo's, here's what it looked like;

*Clean and Jerk 3x20
*Reverse Pullups 3x15
*Kettlebell Front Swings 3x20
*Jump Lunges 3x20
*DB Shoulder Press 3x12
*Step Ups 3x30
*Bent Over Row 3x15
*Plyo Pushups 3x12

I finished this with another 15 minutes of cardio. I can already feel a little muscle soreness setting in, I washed the dogs outside this evening because the weather was so nice. Not sure if its because the body is tired, or they were extra wiggly but I felt like I was wrangling a couple of baby cows in the process. Tomorrow I am back to running for cardio. I will do a long run Sat morning, same distance as last week but at my goal marathon pace so it should be a good run. The nice thing about having a long training cycle is I don't have to increase my long run mileage quite as quickly... this will help me integrate some additional speed training.

Well, I am off to head out for dinner... one of the many great perks of increasing your running is not worrying about your food intake quite as much ;) I have been pretty good about maintaining a regular and controlled eating pattern, but a slice of dessert and a glass of wine is welcomed with open arms!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...