FRITOS = pure genius

Those stupid little fried corn strips that someone named FRITOS got the best of me yesterday! Geez! So I innocently decided to throw a handful in some chili, yes, my healthy chili that I recently made. Don't ask who purchased them at the store and brought them home. It may or may not have been me. I also may or may not have proceeded to eat like 4 servings after dinner. And, that may or may not have lead to a diet coke and 3 chocolate chip cookies for dinner tonight. Waahh?!?! I know! You don't have to tell me... me OF ALL PEOPLE... knows better! It was like I was possessed by a little junk food demon, who came into my body and forced my little mitts to grab onto any junk food I could find. Why do these things happen?! Ugh... I'm over it now.

So, here's my latest little catastrophe that I mentioned in my most recent blog post. My torn wetsuit "issue". See below:



This tear is on the bottom of the leg, across the calf seam. I am guessing that I was just a little too aggressive when putting it on last time. Or, maybe I am in denial and I posses exceptionally fat calves. Either way, I have a problem. Luckily, this can be repaired (thank god! otherwise, I might have been the only person I know to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a "rubber suit" that was rendered useless after four or five uses). I have been in contact with the manufacturer (Blue Seventy, one of the best in the biz). They are gonna help me get it fixed. I guess this is less embarrassing than blowing out the ass on the thing, but if I don't stop the "junk food joy wagon" that might be next.

As far as the training this week... meh. Not so good, less consistent than last week. I mean how can I possibly have time for exercise when I am stuffing my face? In all seriousness, Em alerted me of a new challenge she is going to do. I am going along for the ride, not to "compete" in the challenge but more of an internal goal. This will supplement my training and hopefully get me strong and ready for next springs training. More to come on this, Em's got all the details and is bringing them to our morning workout. I am actually looking forward to working out with her again - we had some good times last spring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...