You're not flipper, you're not a dolphin

This was the quote of the week, "you're not flipper, you're not a dolphin". These were the words so eloquently spoken by my friend Pam. So, here's the background story... we were at the Y after work for a swim workout when we decided to see how fast we could swim 50 yards. After my first attempt Pam asked me if I felt I went as hard as I could. "um ya - I guess?" Apparently, as she pointed out, I wasn't really kicking my legs - oh ya! I thought to myself, I kinda forgot to kick hard. Ok, start over... next time I was kicking my legs and it was more visible. For whatever reason I was casually kicking my legs under the water the first time and you couldn't really see that I was kicking. One of the goals with triathlon swimming is to save your legs for the bike and the run, I guess I took this to the extreme and turned into a dolphin. Lesson learned. :)

Yesterday, was a successful day, one that left me a bit stiff and sore this morning. Emily and I started the Turbulence Training, we met up for a workout in the morning. At lunch I rode my bike for about an hour or so. After work I swam for 35-40 mins with Pam. Generally one likes to spread their workouts out over the week, I, however, seem to cram my weeks workouts into one day. Hence, the soreness and stiffness. Today I am taking it kinda easy, may go out for a short run and I will probably do some cooking later. I will be sure to share any exciting "concoctions" I come up with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...