Have another glass of Hater-ade!

(Ok, random... but those last two posts were from days ago and I just was finally able to send them out - Blogger was having some "issues" when I originally tried to post).

This post is for all the haters that are out there. I have decided that I want to speak to this issue. I haven't really had anyone outwardly say a rude or descending comment to me but I have had people who weren't as supportive as they could be or have made comments that have no relevance. Sometimes people may not even realize what they are saying (or not saying) and how that can truly impact someone. For example, if someone says, "oh, your doing that?! You only have two months left? Do you think you'll be ready?" That's just a down right stupid and less than supportive thing to say. What one is insinuating is that they do not believe you are going to be successful. Why not just say, "Wow! You're doing that! You still have two months?! You are going to be great!" Doesn't that sound like a a more supportive thing to say?

I have decided that those that can not bring themselves to say supportive comments are insecure, jealous, lack confidence and just not happy with their own lives. To someone that has anything less than supportive and positive to say - I say to them, "eat it"!

By the way, if you have a legitimate criticism to say I expect that you are;

1. In phenomenal shape yourself
2. Have done a contest prep and done well
3. Are a respected expert in the arena of contest prep

These are the only people that I will accept constructive criticism from. All others can keep their mouths shut, keep their insecurities to themselves and go back to their cheeseburgers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...