Baby steppin'

My latest challenge is to get in the pool consistently. Honestly, it has been a struggle. First, my endurance in the pool is in the toilet, I don't like not being "good" at it. I can barely swim down and back without having to take a rest. Second, the chlorine makes me itchy and makes me smell like chlorine - not appreciated. My goal is to swim a minimum of 3 times per week, ideally 4 times per week. So far this week I have only made it two times. Tonight I went in and vowed to swim at least for 15-20 minutes (not non-stop... I'm not that conditioned yet!). I swam 500m after a 200m warm up. I guess that isn't too bad considering it is the second time I have gotten in the pool in a year. I know it will come with practice, but it has been difficult. This saturday I will be attending a triathlon swim clinic. I am really looking forward to this and am hoping that it helps me with my confidence level and excitement around swimming (fingers crossed). On a side note... I did get a new "toy" today! I got a new wetsuit. It looks like it is an outfit for a doll, its kinda small. I guess that is the intent, you do want it to be like second skin - but dang! See the picture below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...