wild hair in de ass


I have always talked about how "I was going to do Ironman". Well I am, in 2011. I signed up for the race last night, honestly I can't believe I went ahead and pushed through all the fear. It's one thing to talk about it like you are going to do it, it's another to register and then realize that you have to start training NOW. I am scared that is the honest truth, but I figured why I am I still waiting? I am 30 next year and I don't have too many childless years left. Another reason I want to do this is for my dog Ruby. This sounds weird but if somehow she is a miracle dog and lives for a whole year I want her to be there when I finish the race, I always imagined in my head that she and Emma and TJ would all be there at the finish line - I am hoping that can be the case. I know it will be a long journey but I am hoping that it is a fun one and one where I learn more about myself than ever before. I truly have to give thanks to my husband for this. He bought me a new bike and has been so supportive, I couldn't ask for a better husband. Even though he doesn't understand my crazy antics, he totally 'props' me up. I am getting the question... does this mean you aren't shooting for Boston in the fall? Well... not sure about that yet. I will wait and see how it all plays out in the next few weeks. First thing though I need to get some miles in on my new tri bike! Yep - you read that right... new TRI BIKE! TJ bought it for me yesterday. So, there you go - I figured now I have the bike and the registration was still open (usually never open that long), so I decided to take a leap of faith. I keep reminding myself to take one day at a time, even though I am scared shitless. This will be one of the hardest journeys I will be on, I know that but luckily I have a great support system around me. See the pic of my new bike, this isn't my exact bike (the wheels are different) but this is the bike... the Quintana Roo 'Dulce'. So here starts my new journey... deep breaths... in through the nose and out through the mouth... and we start walking one foot in front of the other...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...