Aloha, concrete peg legs...

Aloha!

Whew! Last week was brutal! I had an incredibly stressful week with work and personal "things". This all took its toll on my body, I started sleeping less, skipping meals and stopped drinking water. No brainer here... this wasn't good! In addition to the psychological and emotional exhaustion, I began to feel physical exhaustion. One of my runs last week felt like I was running with concrete peg legs. My legs were heavy, stiff and it was not only tiring to run but borderline painful. Lesson learned I guess. Who would've known that body needs food, water and sleep to perform?

I am still seeing results, although things are starting to get harder and with less than 10 weeks left there is no time or room for error. I've got to keep my diet and training on track. Kung Pao! That's what needs to happen, I'm gonna Kung Fu fight through the next 10 weeks.

TJ recently booked a vacation for us to Maui for our one year anniversary- this trip will happen about 5 weeks after the show. The added incentive of being in a bikini for a week may help me push through. If I'm not careful I might be mistaken for a dead jellyfish on the beach, and nobody wants that. I intend to have my lips permanently glued to a Mai Tai for the week. Maybe I will get a little crazy with a Hula Hoop, grass skirt and coconut bra! Either way I am starting to get anxious, everyday is a day to put in the work so that I don't look back and say I wish I would've given it all I had. Mahalo!

PS. Look for my next progress pics in the next day or two...

2 comments:

*EM* :) said...

HEYYYYYYYY GIRL!!!!!!
"everyday is a day to put in the work so that I don't look back and say I wish I would've given it all I had."
WRITE THAT DOWN AND LOOK AT IT EVERY SINCE DAY! 5, 10, 15 TIMES A DAY!!! You're so right, you wanna put forth that "EXTRA DEGREE!" so there is no doubt the day of the show that you put forth everything you could!! :) :)
love ya!!!!!!!!!!!

*EM* :) said...

EDIT: write that down and look at it every SINGLE (not since) day! :)

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...