Jelly-potomus is back

I don't think your ready for this jelly... Oh geez! You read that title right... the jelly-potomus is back. For some reason yesterday I felt like a giant blob of blubber. Yes... my clothes are fitting better but I was jiggling all around when I was on the elliptical last night, like a giant blur of a human-disgusting! My self esteem went spiraling down the toilet when I realized that I had decided to wear a pair of workout pants that were too tight, along with a very tight tank top. I felt like I looked like one of those water weenies - for some reason squeezing my body from one area just pushed it to another. Problem was I didn't realized how this all looked until I got to the gym and could see myself in front of the mirror. I didn't have another outfit and I don't think it would have been acceptable to workout naked (actually for the 'acceptable' part... that just would have been wrong, gym patrons would have been nauseous).

These last couple of days have been somewhat of a "reality check" for me. I'm freakin out a bit... I mean there is only 9.5 weeks to go (actually slightly less than) and I don't know what my body will do between now and then. Its to the point that I am scared poopless, what if I can't pull this off? What if I get on stage and I just get the "empathetic applause" accompanied by whispers of "oh that's great... a fat girl had the courage to do this". I don't want to be that girl!!! This process plays minds games on you - for anyone reading this that wants to do a show, make sure you have a good support system in place. Without you will go crazy... I am being serious. This is the hardest thing I have had to do in my life (besides choosing between a Coach or Dooney&Burke purse... just kidding! :) I all reality it is the hardest thing I have done so far... maybe because it is starting to get so real. I will be getting fitted for my suit soon, I have already decided on the color. It will be teal. The woman making the suit alerted Em and I that she won't be putting the elastic in until the very end. So my first fitting will be like trying on a teal loin cloth- and last time I checked loin cloths weren't flattering on me!

Jiggle on my friends...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...