Burgerville

It was "one of those" weeks. All had been going well until Friday. Let me re-wind and take you to early in the week. I started the week off great, early bird workout Monday morning. Tuesday I couldn't workout early because I had to go to Seattle for work and my flight left EARLY. It was a fast paced business trip (as they usually are). My lunch was ordered for me, basically they ordered a variety of burgers and warm sandwiches. I quickly chose the black bean burger because it was the healthiest option that was presented (the fries on the other hand... um... well... those aren't exactly healthy but they were yummy). This started me on a journey to Burgerville. The lunch itself wasn't all that bad but when I got back home I was sttaaaarrrrrvvvviinngggg and thus I surrendered to a Jack n the Box on the way home. Dang it! I decided that although I found myself in Burgerville I was only passing through and didn't plan an extended stay.
The next morning I had a great workout, probably the most intense I've done since the accident and it felt good to be acting like a wild animal in the gym again. Thursday my body was speaking, or maybe I should say screaming at me. I was sore, but it was one of those accomplished sore feelings. Regardless, I needed a rest day. Here's where all went wrong. I woke up Friday and could not move my neck without excruciating pain. I was hurting bad. I tried to tough it out but just spent the weekend in major pain and back to popping pain pills like they are tic tacs. I got into to see my Dr. today, she is seriously a miracle worker. I'm still a bit stiff and sore, but so much better. I will be seeing her again Wed and Fri this week to get back on track. I do have to mention though that the pain did not keep me from visiting Burgerville once more Friday night (in the form of Five Guys) UGH! and we also had dinner at The Melting Pot (pure saturated fat in three courses of fondue - bad girl!).
I don't want to go into to many details as to what happened with my neck and back but basically I have been trying to do too much and told to take things a little easier. I am released to still be working out (just a little less aggressively). My doctor knows that exercise is like Prozac for me and understands how important it is that I keep my routine - again, she is a total god send!

This week is all about diet. I will be keeping a food journal, I may even share a day if something seems interesting enough. Here's to a great week ya'll!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...