what the heck?!?!

Well, I was glad to say that last week I had several amazing workouts. This week so far is off to a rough start. I have been habitually sore from workouts because by the time a muscle group recovers I hit is again and I'm sore again. This may sound like a good thing, but it really isn't because of impressive workouts. It has more to do with being a weakling... sometimes I feel like a baby bird walking around my house squabbling and wobbly because I'm sore. It is different than it was before, clearly I haven't made my way there yet. My clothes are fitting somewhat differently but the scale didn't give me much encouragement (remind me I need to stay off of that thing!). I have just under 13 weeks until we leave for Hawaii, plenty of time to see results as long as I am consistent.
I have to admit though, I felt a bit discouraged today. I also wore nylons to work today. Why is it that nylons can make you feel like crap instantly? They squeeze things around into weird places and I felt like the top of the nylons squeezed my stomach down and all of the sudden I felt like I looked like I was four months pregnant. Sucks to feel like the Michelin man.
Oh well, I just keep reminding myself to keep consistent and eventually my body will get the hint. For some reason I swear that once you turn 30 your body just acts differently - I don't like it but I am stubborn enough to take the control back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...