In it for the long haul


I spent a few hours today cooking for the week. It's been a long time since I have done this and I don't believe I have done it since living in my new house yet. I really loved the kitchen counter space, more so than my old house. I was able to spread out and get dirty (this is a fairly literal statement after all the cooking was done). What is on the menu for this week? Well, lots of yummy stuff. All healthy (or "healfy" as I sometimes say)... results are about consistency. Food is at least 70% of your results, so this is where much success can be gained.

Here are the items (the first two I actually made a few days ago but never uploaded pics)


(from earlier in the week)
Mahi mahi tacos with black beans, red cabbage and avocado on low-carb tortillas

(from earlier in the week)
Chicken salad with mixed greens, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, mini heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, baby corn, carrots, avocado, red cabbage, goat cheese and balsamic vineagarette. Holy Yum.

Cinnamon Coconut Protein Bread
This came out so much better than I thought it would and dang it is delish! It has egg whites, coconut flower, vanilla protein, cinamon, stevia and almond milk in it.

Meyer Lemon Chicken

Roasted in a broth, white wine, rosemary, lemon garlic sauce
and served over brown rice mixed with red quinoa.

Grilled Kalbi Marinated Chicken

Kalbi is a Korean BBQ seasoning. This chicken will be cut and used on green salads.

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

Served over fig balsamic carmelized onions and mushrooms.

Grilled Australian Ginger BBQ Chicken Breast

Served over roasted sweet potatoes.


(this is actually prepped in the crockpot and will be turned on in the morning so I come home to a warm meal - plus, the hubs has been craving chili)

HeartyTurkey Chili

Made with kidney beans, tomatoes and lentils in a chili-enchilada seasoning/sauce.

Wild Alaskan Salmon Salad
Made with garlic, fresh dill, pepper, mayo (just a touch) and deli mustard. Served with green bell peppers (to be used as the "transporters" :))


As you can see I am set for the week and I am looking forward to my meals this week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...