Oh deer! Here we go again...

Well, last week was an official success. I had several good workouts and even made it to the gym by 5:30am two days. Which leads me to my title of this post. Nearly two years ago (probably almost to the day!) I almost hit a deer driving to an early morn workout with Em. Well, last Wed it happened again and boy did it bring back memories! Those were great memories, early morning training and the reward of seeing nearly daily results while in contest prep. I almost feel like I am reliving that experience this year. This past week I have seen results. Results are MOTIVATING. I am going into this week optimistic that I will have another good week.

I have done several runs this week which I believe has somehow lead to a slightly sprained toe (or two) on my left foot. Somehow I stressed my little vienna sausages out and now feel like I may have sprained these toes. Srsly though! Who manages to sprain toes while they are in running shoes? I'm not sure how it happened but it is sure aggravating. I don't believe it will interfere with workouts this week though, hopefully.

Strength workouts have been great this week, errr, well kinda. What I mean is that they have been great but I did a workout this week which left me walking like RoboCop. I had a core workout that was a type of workout I haven't done in over 6 months. Strength workouts are incredibly important though right now because I do not want to look like a rubber band wrapped around a water weenie when I am in a bikini in Hawaii in 16 weeks (if you laughed out loud you know what I am talking about and understand that visual). Nor do I want to look like a tub of cottage cheese slothing across the beach (ok, that might have been a little overboard. The one thing I can be grateful for is that cellulite doesn't really run in my family... it has been said that cellulite is primarily hereditary).

In order to be successful in "Operation GI Jane Bikini Body" I have also been avoiding sugar which has come surprisingly easy this past week. On any given weekend, or week day for that matter, you would find me demolishing some gummy animal in an extremely barbaric borderline disturbing way. I utilize both my incisors and molars to tear these gummy animals to shreds and I feel no remorse doing it. Disturbing. Although lately I haven't even thought twice about gummies. I may have broken free from the bad relationship with gummies once and for all. These gummies no longer have control of me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...