5lbs = $100

Hey ya'll...


So I'm officially over my head cold (gosh - those suck!). Getting back to my workout routine. Went for my first run since being sick yesterday, the ol' back and neck really wasn't into running as I felt like my form resembled a rhino rompin through the Sahara. I had a Drs appt today and she helped relieve some of the 'issues'. I've also been cleared to ski this year BUT was told no moguls and stay away from snow boarders (lol. Funny, I snowboard as well, although I love skiing more). Luckily, my Dr said because I am an advanced skier I was permitted to ski but need to ski more conservatively and take caution to not fall or crash too hard.

Tomorrow I plan on getting up early and heading to the gym.... *GASP*. Yep, this will officially be the first time I will re-enter the gym as an early bird since the accident! I'm sure I will want to sleep in but I really need to get back in a morning routine because that's when I do my best. I'm ready to start training again, I have races on the calendar this year. I may be preggars when these races occur but I still plan on doing them until a Dr. says no. Since running, triathlons, etc have been part of my life pre- any pregnancies my Dr says I can still compete until otherwise informed. Someone asked me if I would do another show... hmmmm... who knows?!?! ;) We'll see if that ever makes it on my calendar again. Currently I just have running and triathlon on my brain. I have a small incentive program worked out for myself. I figured I would entice myself with a game; 5lbs = $100. For every 5 lbs I lose, I plan on spending an additional $100 on new workout clothes, etc. Since I love shopping and am competitive I figure this will be a fun game :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...