Amalaki and HIIT

Today was a good day. I did a HIIT workout on the treadmill. I was shocked at the quality of workout I got in. I still feel like a little bit of a wooly mammoth running across the frozen tundra but these fat cells aren't going to surrender without a fight so I must subject the entire gym to the wilderbeast on the treadmill. Here is the treadmill workout I did today, 35 mins total;

5 minute walking warmup
8 rounds of HIIT (24 mins, 2 rounds of each listed below, 8 rounds total)


  • 2 mins at 6.0 mph

  • 1 min at 3.0 mph


  • 2 mins at 6.3 mph

  • 1 min at 3.0 mph


  • 2 mins at 6.5 mph

  • 1 min at 3.0 mph


  • 2 mins at 6.8/7.0 mph

  • 1 min at 3.0 mph
6 mins walking cooldown

While this is nothing compared to how I used to run, it was leaps and bounds more than I've been able to do and probably the first time since the accident where I didn't feel like the awkard PT patient in the gym, I felt like an athlete...

I also completed a strength workout, 2 sets of 12 reps of each of the following;

-Shoulder press
-Bicep curls
-Back ext
-Lat Pulldown
-Dips (yes, dips... my shoulder survived!)
-Seated row
-Reverse fly
-Bicycle crunch
-Oblique crunch

I will be pretty sore tomorrow... I am sure of that. BUT - this was the most "normal" workout I've had in a long long time. This bitch is comin' back!

A side note is that I have been drinking Amalaki juice as part of my new experimentation with Ayurvedia. I did the ayurvedic cleanse a couple of weeks ago and now I started drinking the Amalaki juice to help with inflammation and continued detox. I figured it couldn't hurt, so I thought I would give it a shot. I noticed after a couple of days that I no longer had sweets/candy cravings like normal. The only thing I could attribute it to was the juice and therefore, decided to do further research on the Amalaki juice. What I have discovered is that is has some effects on stabilizing blood sugar. I have honestly noticed a HUGE difference in the sugar craving. I no longer look for places to siphon sugar from. I'm going to continue this little experiment to see if the juice is really part of this lack of sugar obsession...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...