Day Two.

I tried posting last night and something was not working properly... argh! So here we go again, today marks day two of my renewed vows to blogging! I am actually home from work today (left early yesterday too) because of a nasty head cold. I just woke up from napping and I am finally starting to feel a bit better, although it may just be the cold medicine "putting on a happy face". Regardless, I am trying to kick this cold so I can get back on my wellness track (aka getting my frumpy dumpy a$$ back in shape and feeling "my" normal).
Recovering from my accident has been harder than expected. The injuries to my back, neck, ribcage, shoulder, etc. were quite severe. Several doctors have repeatedly told me I was lucky to be alive and even more lucky to be walking. I had never experienced injuries like that before and I had always been able to deal with pain but things were too hard for me to deal with this time. I literally found myself in a place that had me feeling like I had lost part of my identity. I thought maybe I would never be the same. I am glad to say that I woke up one morning so tired of dealing with the chronic pain that I sought out a new doctor... one of the best in town. She has been helping me for the past 8 weeks and I am really enjoying getting back to 'normal'. I just finished a seven day Ayurvedic cleanse based on her recommendation to help rid my body of all the pharmaceuticals that I had consumed during the vicious pain cycle. The day after the cleanse I got this head cold - SO FRUSTRATING!
TJ and I will be headed to Hawaii again this year, I have a little less than five months to be bikini ready! This is great timing and great motivation to get improve my body composition. I actually purchased a scale for the first time in my life. I felt as though there would be no denying the numbers. While I don't entirely believe your weight number reflects health I do believe that body fat percentage does. The scale I purchased measures both, it may not be as valid as a clinical measure of bodyfat it will at least help me assess the change over the next several months. Stepping on the scale for the first time certainly left me with "that feeling in my stomach". The feeling that you get when you hear some news that you don't want to. I wasn't exactly impressed with what flashed on the scale but I am energized enough to do something about it.
One of the major things I am going to focus on nutrition. This morning I FAILED. I woke up around 11:30 (don't gasp... remember I am sick today). I had purchased instant oatmeal yesterday when I was at the store getting cold medicine, Kleenex, etc. Let's just stop right here. Why, the heck would I purchase this type of oatmeal?!?!? I don't know. I usually don't, but for some reason I did because I was hungry and the flavors sounded good. I didn't eat any yesterday, but I woke up this morning and had three packets! I actually was only going to eat two but I put too much water in and had to add a third packet to get the consistency right. I could have just added regular oatmeal but I didn't. This was obviously a bad choice, but I am human so I make mistakes. Hopefully the rest of my day will result in better nutritional decision making!

Signing off... hopefully next time I will be typing without the germ laden fingers and sniffly nose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...