Dulce de Devils y Demons

It's Sunday night and I am nearing the end of my weekend (it was a great weekend might I add). I got to spend a lot of time with my husband and family and I got to relax, although I was still recovering from my head cold. I'm not 100% yet but I'm about 90%. If my title of this post was no sign, I had a little roudevouzs with sugar this weekend. I spent some time making cupcakes. Sour cream lemon with lemon buttercream frosting and a double chocolate with a chocolate cream frosting (these were made for someone in particular, not just because). I had my fair share of licks of the ol' wooden spoon smothered in frosting and batter. I had to sample the recipe! (both raw and cooked :). Generally I would find myself under a pile of cupcake wrappers after a weekend like this, however, I am actually proud to say I demonstrated self control. I had a couple of cupcakes, but nothing compared to what I usually would. Maybe something is shifting, maybe I am learning sugar portion control? Let's face it... sugar is NO GOOD. It isn't good for me, at least the types of sugar and the amount I like. It is definitely my Achilles heal, but maybe I am getting better at controlling my consumption of it.
I took the weekend off from working out because I was sick but I am planning on getting back to doing some workouts this week and will attempt to get up early and start my workout regimen again. I will afterall be in a bikini on Waikiki beach in less than 5 months...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...