Bring the people what they want!

I have decided that I am going to post some specifics about my training regimen, because I get so many questions from people (some of whom are reading my blog). So... you want to know exactly what I am doing now?!?!? Here it is, below is an example of my 'goal' workouts for the week (I don't always reach these but this is what I am shooting for the upcoming week);

Monday:
AM - Shoulders, 20-25 minutes HIIT and 15 minutes other cardio
PM - 30 minutes steady state cardio, low intensity

Tuesday:
AM - Legs, 20 minutes HIIT and 15 minutes other cardio
PM - 20 minutes steady state cardio, low intensity

Wednesday:
AM - Plyos, 35 minutes cardio
PM - 30 minutes steady state cardio, low intensity

Thursday:
AM - Chest/Tri's, 20-25 minutes HIIT and 15 minutes other cardio
PM - 30 minutes steady state cardio, low intensity

Friday:
AM - Back/Bi's, 35 minutes cardio
PM - 25 minutes steady state cardio, low intensity

Saturday:
AM - Abs, 20 minutes HIIT

Sunday: ???? (not sure yet :)

So there you have some of the "details" of the training plan. Honestly, if I met all of those workouts for the week I would be estatic! I haven't been able to reach all of them yet, but I have 6 more weeks to make the commitment. The one thing I really am trying to balance is to not plateau. In order to see results I feel I have to constantly change up what I am doing or push harder and faster. The same is true with the food, I am slowing making changes to my diet so that my body will continue to respond, for example I recently took dairy out of my diet. The first week I tried I actually failed because I ended up sneaking a few dairy snacks in. This week I almost succeeded without dairy - next week I know I will reach that goal! The one thing diet wise that has honestly been killing me is the sugar free snacks I keep indulging in! I feel like I am addicted... I have vowed to swear off the sugar free crap for the last 6 weeks - I am guessing that I will see some results just from not consuming them (they are extra calories after all!) Part of my renewed motivation comes from seeing a few of my 'competitors' this week. I honestly felt sick to my stomach after seeing them... but it got me fired up and made me want to work harder. My perception was that they looked pretty damn good already and I want to be able to present my best physique ever... the only way to do that is to put the hard work in!

Stay tuned for additional posts. I am trying on my suit for the first time tomorrow... and I plan on taking pictures to post. The other thing I am going to post is a detailed workout example of my strength workout... to further demystify my training.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...