TNT... she's dynamite!

That's the motto for this... Operation TNT - Tight n' Tiny! I have certainly been shrinking and getting 'tighter' (don't you love that scientific lingo?!?! haha... funny that's the stuff that used to irritate me while I was in grad school). Anyway, you get the picture. Soon I will upload another round of progress pic's. I actually have strayed away from them for a while along with taking measurements. The pictures haven't been taken because I have just been busy and maybe a bit lazy. The measurements haven't been taken because I vowed to not take them obsessively because I am just not sure how healthy it would be to be fixated on the numbers. I don't necessarily have a "goal weight" or body composition I am shooting for. For me I am just trying to take one day and a time, put the work in and see what happens. Numbers can be unreliable and not accurate sometimes and on top of that they can make you looney! If you gain one pound or don't loose what you are shooting for it makes you go insane... and spiral into a state of questioning yourself and creating a frantic plan to 'catch up'. I want to focus on the journey and not just the numbers, so at this point that is what I am doing. Someone out there may be reading this and screaming at their monitor right now... "you need to look at your numbers and make adjustments!" And to that I just sit smiling back at my computer and say, "this is my journey... and I am in the drivers seat". Trying to keep a sane mind for me means not looking at those numbers - and believe me, trying to keep a sane mind through this process is hard enough work!

Oh ya... did I say Aloha?!?!?! My Hawaii trip is only 3 months away... Mahalo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...