Dieter's Rage with a sprinkle of Instapissed




Lately my emotions have been very interesting. For some reason the car "brings out the best in me". I am certain that my car acts as a magnet for idiot drivers. Not that I have been hit or anything, but I can go from signing happily along to a song to screaming profanity at the top of my lungs to a driver who is driving slower than the speed limit and then back to singing happily along. If I didn't know better I would think someone has slipped some steroids in my food. It mostly only happens in the car too, which is kinda weird. The Dieter's Rage kicks in when I watch cars pulling into drive-throughs, restaurants or grocery stores. I am not gonna lie, I am kinda jealous of those that are wandering through their lives eating whatever they want. I constantly feel like I am on an episode of survivor and there is no food to be found for me.

The only perk to all of this is that my body is changing. I have posted my latest progress picture, this is 7 weeks out from the competition day (don't pay attention to the posing, that obviously still needs work). Time to kick it in high gear! I still am struggling occasionally with the food. Usually it is not eating enough and occasionally I add something in I really shouldn't be eating (like the recent arrival and short stay of sugar free candy again). Last night I broke down at the grocery store and bought a watermelon flavored yogurt (yes, my palate does resemble that of a 4th graders). I haven't had dairy in weeks and oh did it taste soooo good!

My goal for this week is to stop that and to get control again of the food. I also need to increase the intensity of my workouts... I haven't done measurements in weeks - but may get them done at some point this week just out of curiosity. I can tell you this, my clothes are fitting MUCH looser. Most of my pants don't even look good on me anymore, looks like I am wearing my parents clothes. That gave me an excuse to go shopping (as if I ever need an excuse for that!). I grabbed a pair of size 4 and 6's off the rack. I decided I would try the 6's on first because I didn't want to crush myself if the 4's were like spandex to put on. I slowly pulled up the pair of size 6's... so far so good. Then I went to button them and wow- were they tight! I thought to myself "what the hell?!??! I have 6's at home and they all fit". I double checked the tag... someone had accidentally put the pants on a hanger labeled 6 but they were 2's!!!!! Whew! and holy crap! I buttoned a pair of 2's on my body!!!! So I grabbed the 4's... fit like a glove! Yippee!!! What a confidence booster! I have a pile of clothes that used to be my regular clothes that now fit, it's like I have a whole new wardrobe. I kind of feel like that person that "got back into their high school jeans". This was exactly what I needed this week, thank you GOD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...