Intravenous Protein...

Can someone please just hook me up to a protein IV? I am getting so freakin tired of eating protein. To be honest, it actually is a big concern of mine. This is such a critical point in my prep, I can afford to loose any muscle and therefore should be consuming copious amounts of protein (doing so in recent days has provoked a gag reflex on most occasions). So therefore, I came up with an idea to just insert an IV that could pump 30grams of protein into me every 2-3hrs. It would be amazing, I'll be it a little odd, but truly amazing!

Well this week brought some interesting things my way... my training was actually great this week (probably motivated out of fear). Today marks only 5 weeks to go... YIKES! I am so freakin scared! I got a lot of outdoor running in this week, which left my legs dangling from my torso like noodles towards the end of the week. One day I was out for a run and passed a bicycle, I wanted to turn my head and ask them why they even bothered riding their bike if they were going to ride so damn slow, and then I thought to myself, "self, you could knock them off of that bike and then use it to get yourself home faster". That day was my fourth day straight of outdoor runs (and that's on top of other cardio sessions and strength training sessions). I went from feeling like a gazelle the first day to feeling like a baby elephant (the only reason I was a baby instead of an adult elephant is because I have lost some weight over the past several weeks). I kept checking my shoes to see if someone was playing a mean trick on me and had put a bunch of gum on my soles... it felt like I was running on a giant fly trap, my legs didn't want to lift off the ground. Following this experience I decided I was going to take a day or two off from the outdoor running, and instead would spend my time indoors like a mouse running on a mouse wheel. Have you ever noticed that if you look around the gym it kinda resembles a mouse cage with all the mice squirreling about? So weird...

I do have some new progress pictures for you to look at... kinda random pictures, and I'm kinda bad and making sure the suit sits on my hips the same way in each picture (this can change the look slightly). These were taken over the course of the last week or so... in the most recent ones I am retaining quite a bit of water (couldn't even take my wedding ring off, I am so swollen). This water retention is due to "that time of the month" - woo f'ing hoo! I am starting to see more definition in my abs, which is good because I really kicked things up this last week and have actually started training my abs (don't ask me why I wasn't doing this all along). Today I will be going to try on my suit again (the top is supposed to be done). I am nervous but excited. This next couples of weeks is really time to shed as much fat as I can, so it will be an aggressive couple of weeks but I need to give it everything I've got. I will continue to post pics through this process. I should be able to blog more frequently now, one of my Directors who has been gone for 5 weeks is finally back to work which will alleviate some of my work stress. Anyway - enough of my blah, blah, blah... here are the pics;




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...