I need to get out more

My life is starting to feel like I am living in a mouse cage. All I do is go to the food dish, sleep (curled up like ball) and exercise like I am on an exercise wheel. The treadmill is definitely the human version of the mouse wheel - and it's not right! If you really start thinking about the gym environment its pretty funny. Basically you have a bunch of people who are lifting things and then setting them down, moving weight around and running on mouse wheels to sculpt the perfect muscles and body. It seems so weird to me when I really start to analyze it, especially because that is what our culture has resorted to to keep people in shape. It's no longer enough to just transport yourself on your own to legs a little bit in society to "burn the calories", nor is working in your yard or around the house sufficient for maintaining a normal body. I need to get outside more, the gym atmosphere has me feeling trapped! Isn't the gym a funny place when you think about it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...