Early bird gets the worm... (and the results!)

Well, Emily and I met first thing this morning for our first workout. We did legs at the studio, it was actually nice to be able to workout together in a "focused setting". It was great to workout with Emily.
I am still fighting a cold, seemed to be better this morning during the workout - I hardly coughed and didn't have too bad of a runny nose. Shortly after our workout though I started feeling bad, I left work just after lunchtime and headed home for a nap. I have the remnants of a cough and still seem to be running a slight fever. I was planning on heading back to the gym after my nap to do cardio, but as much as this kills me I am not going to complete my cardio today. I am concerned that my chest congestion and fever will only get worse with cardio. I feel like I am getting better (or at least at a breaking point) and just don't want to regress! I am hoping that by getting a great nights' sleep and drinking a ton of fluids I will feel better. Tomorrow I will be up early (5am, yikes!) to complete another strength workout and may also do my cardio then depending on how I feel (fingers crossed that I am feeling better tomorrow!).
Update on the food portion: So far the diet is going great! I haven't been hungry or had too many aggressive cravings so that is good. The one thing I definitely noticed is how much junk I really did eat! I see stuff everywhere that I would usually just have shoved in my mouth and I have to remind myself that I can't eat those chocolate covered ritz crackers (oohhhh but they looked so good, and I haven't tried them yet!). Hopefully tomorrow will bring a post that says, "Woohoo! I'm not sick anymore!"...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...