F is for FATigue...

I just finished up my first full week of training since I was sick the week prior. It was a long and tiring week, some mornings I would rather have army crawled out of bed instead of walked but I realized that would actually expend more energy so I quickly bagged that idea. Instead I resemble a shuffling robot first thing in the morning. This week I have been lifting heavy (4 sets of 8 reps for each exercise). I strength trained 6 days this week and did cardio 6 times this week... no wonder I am tired! One thing I realized is that if you allow fatigue to be your excuse it will turn into FATigue, so although you have to give your body what it needs (rest, adequate nutrition, etc) you HAVE to keep pushing through. Yesterday was a crazy workout day, Em and I endured most of it together, thankfully- it is soooo nice to have someone who completely understands everything you are experiencing! I tallied the time up and technically I worked out for over 3 hours (between bootcamp, over an hour of interval cardio and walking the dogs for an hour) - who does that?!?!? I guess me... but today is an active rest day... I wonder if breathing while sleeping counts as "active rest"? Ha, ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...