Pickles, peppers and protein...

These are my latest food groups; pickles, peppers and protein. It is really becoming quite a problem because I have had to resort to shopping at several different grocery stores so that the staff don't start to get suspicious by my pickle and pepper consumption/purchases. You may be wondering what kinds of pickles, peppers and protein do I eat... well I don't discriminate again any types they are all welcome in my diet currently (but only if the pickles don't have added sugar). Yesterday evening I polished off a bottle of 'Bread and Butter" pickles. These are kinda between a sweet and dill pickle. They are slightly sweet but still tangy, I buy the kind without added sugar, because sugar is the devil (at least in my world now, how could I have thought sugar was an angel for all of these years?!?!?) I used to be brainwashed by sugar, now I snub it and turn my nose at it as I see it... mostly so that I don't look to long and start gobbling it up. (Paul if you are reading this you are probably need to lift your jaw up off of the ground... but currently its true - no gummies aloud in this diet).

Protein is also consuming my world, I mostly eat chicken, white fish and some red meat (another shocker here for all of my friends). I also supplement with what I call "the good stuff", "god's juice", "heaven in a shaker", "scrumdidlyumptious liquid in a bottle", or "stuff that can't possibly be good for you"... AKA protein shakes. TJ staged an intervention earlier today because he was concerned I was spending our life savings on protein powders and would next be headed for our retirement accounts to 'get my fix'. I currently own several flavors of protein, they are in no particular order; Chocolate Milkshake, Cake Batter, Vanilla Ice Cream, Carmel Latte, Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Banana Cream Pie, Strawberry Banana and Roadside Lemonade. (you may be wondering about that last flavor... well its just a sample size, don't get too excited). Ok, ok, ok... now please wipe the slobber from your keyboard - these protein powders are mine, all mine (as she laughs creepily...). In all seriousness, I owe my sanity to these protein powders. I look forward to everyone I get. Sometimes I get a little spunky and mix flavors (Chocolate Ice Cream + Cake Batter = Brownie Batter)- whoa... watch out- I think I have earned a new Culinary degree in mixing and cooking with protein powder. As you can see this stuff gets my heart racing a bit... protein powder has become my new comfort food - and I will hide it around the house and drink it in the closet if anyone tries to take it away from me. Tip your shakers to that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...