I spent my saturday night cooking chicken breast

I spent my saturday night cooking chicken breast, fish, broccoli, asparagus, sweet potatoes and brown rice. Yep... she's a wild one folks - staying up late into the night cooking the staples of my diet so that I have meals provided for the next 1-2 weeks. I finally crashed into bed around 2am, when most people are just getting home from the bars, I was putting my feet up after stinking up the kitchen horribly (as I mentioned before... these foods do not really smell great). Then today at work I had to heat up my meal which consisted of Orange Roughy, broccoli and a bit of brown rice. People were walking around the office saying "pew! What is that smell?!?!" Ha ha... it was my food! If I have to eat it the least they can do is smell it! And by the way co-workers... get used to it... you get 13 more weeks of my stinkbomb meals!

This morning I had an epic shoulder workout with Em... she sent me to the corner to cry like a baby and suck my thumb. Who would've guessed that 2lb dumbbell circles could make you whine like a baby pig?!?! Em and I have really done well in the last couple of weeks - I am so glad to have my 'fitness friend' to train with. TJ laughs at us, he says I am like a 12 year old middle schooler... most of my sentences start with... "Em and I were cracking up about...", "Em said...", Em and I are gonna...", "Em and I did...", "Em and I were talking about...", "Em told me..."... anyway, you get the picture. The moral of the story is that having a friend to go through this with is key - it is the ONE thing that I believe is keeping me sane! So... here's a cheers to having a great 'fitness friend'... (as I tip my protein shaker).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...