Gimme tha wheels of steel!

What wheels of steel you might ask? Wondering if I am referring to my legs (haha! not yet, those resemble Whoppers still :) (thats for you Em :) I am referring to weights... The odd thing I have been experiencing is that I am starting to 'crave' lifting weights. Even though I am tired and have been residually sore for that last 2 weeks straight I look forward to lifting. There is something that is really empowering about strength training. It kinda cracks me up when I am in the free weight room and I am surrounded by a bunch of chimps who go back and forth between bench and bicep curls (yes, I see these chimps doing this just about everytime they come in, at this point I am not sure they know how to do any other exercises). They resemble bloated potatoes with toothpick legs, it actually amuzes me and sometimes I wonder, "how do they not fall over?" they are so imbalanced like weeble wobbles. Then on the other side of the gym you have the 'cardio bunnies' (as Em and I call them). They are bouncing up and down on their ellipticals and stair steppers - come on girls... increase the resistance and you won't be bouncing- how about a little HIIT in heezy?!?! I love being one of the only women who comes into the gym to do some hardcore lifting - I think the boys don't know whether they should be scared or attracted. Either way they are intrigued... but they better not mess with me when I workin with the wheels of steel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...