Why am I bloated like a beached whale?!?!?!

I don't know what is going on with my body but last night I was bloated like a beach ball. Seriously, what the heck did I eat?!?! Here is what I have narrowed it down to;

-the Tic Tac's (see previous post for details)
-coffee (according to my 'blood type' coffee isn't great for me)
-hormonal cycles (yes... that's code)

I went in to the gym last night to lift and do a bit of cardio. Leg day- ugh! I was wearing long workout pants and a nike dry fit tee. I noticed that my legs were actually lookin pretty good- but all of the sudden I had a beer gut (picture college freshman still wearing her 'senior high jeans'). Ok, ok, ok... I can deal with this I told myself, "you just gotta contract the abs and keep everything in". No such luck.. I entered the squat rack and with every squat it came bulging out- my stomach! I mean its not even summer and I hanging out in the weight room with a inflatable water ring?!?!?! What the heck?? WHY is this happening to me? It was not encouraging, in fact it actually really sucked. Thats about all I have to say about that... I left my self esteem there in the squat rack, maybe I will be able to go back next week and get it, if not I might be bringing a cumberbun with me.

Side note: Broccoli does not promote fresh breath... welcome to the world of lots of gum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...