I have a LOVE-HATE relationship with Burpees...

Woke up this morning first thing for a bootcamp workout. Today between each exercise we had to do a set of 10 full
Burpees (these were the REAL Burpees, where you have to touch your chest to the ground and explode up into a jump). There were 6 sets of exercises and I got through two rounds... which means I did 120 Burpees this morning. These are a great little exercise but they can get sooo tiring! Following bootcamp Em and I took a Zumba class - I was looking pretty disgusting through that whole class having come from bootcamp right before. I was looking around at all the smiling, energetic faces and thinking to myself "Ya, I bet none of you just did bootcamp or 120 Burpees... stop smiling!"

Lets just say that my shower afterwards felt like dessert - yes it felt sooo good it was like I was eating dessert...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...