From "I still have... to I only have..."

Well today marks exactly 12 weeks until the competition. So my mental outlook has all of the sudden changed from "I still have __ weeks" to "I only have 12 weeks". For some people 12 weeks may seem long, I mean it is 3 whole months. However, in my mind this is a relatively short period of time to turn your body into an extremely lean balanced machine. My first couple of weeks has really paid off- I took progress pictures yesterday and wow! What a difference a couple of weeks of clean eating and diligent workouts can do. I was pleased with the progress but still feel the sense of urgency for the upcoming 12 weeks... it really is just around the corner. Next week I will be transitioning my lifting from 4 sets of 8 reps to 3 sets of 10 reps- this will continue to progress like this... 3 sets x 12 reps, 3 sets x 15 reps, 3 sets x 20 reps, 4 sets x 25 reps. So as you can see things will be changing quite quickly over the next few months. Really I have started to think of the next 12 weeks as little chunks of 2 o 3 weeks- no problem, this is totally doable.

Changing subjects, I have asked Em if she wanted to run her first full marathon this year. She has agreed to run Portland with me and my friend Paul. I am excited to bring her into my 'running' world after being in her 'fitness/figure' world. It will be a fun summer! For those of you reading this who may not know, I am still trying to train for the Coeur D Alene marathon which falls one month after the show. It has been hard to train for both, especially with the diet but I am still shooting for it. If all else fails I will just run the half. Well, I am off to bootcamp now - I am sure I will have something funny to write after this morning's workout... and I will post my pics later today hopefully (if not today-tomorrow!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...