PROBLEM: I ate a box of tic tacs today

Ok, so we have a little problem on our hands... I ate an entire box of tic tac's today. They were a real problem today. I bought them early in the day thinking they were sugar free- but found out that they are not! For some reason even though I knew this ahead of time I still proceeded to gobble them up. The problem is they were "Cherry Passion" flavored, had they been mint flavored I would've never gotten myself in this predicament.

I calculated out what I ate (approx. 60 tic tac's x 1.9 calories = 114 total calories, and somewhere around 10-20g of sugar). This means that I must add an additional 1.1 miles approx to my workout to negate the effects of my tic tac splurge today. Here is the real issue... I had two little voices speaking to me through all of this, a devil and an angel. The devil kept saying, "doooo it. Seriously! You can afford to eat those sugar calories, I mean whats a little sugar gonna do? Help perk you up, make you feel better and give you energy!" AND the angel kept saying... "Nicole, put down the tic tac box. It's ok if you only have one or two, they aren't going anywhere. Plus, you don't need all of those calories - better yet give them away to someone who can really appreciate them and who isn't training for a FIGURE COMPETITION IN APRIL!!!!!" This behavior can lead to a real problem, perhaps I will end up in a 12 step sugar addication program if this doesn't get under control.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...