Who invited the "diva on the runway" to the morning plyo's workout????

Whoooo-wheeeee! Wow, today was a hardcore workout day... felt good. Allow me to paint you a small picture. It started out with the alarm going off at 5am, this was to allow me to get all of my stuff together for work, etc. before meeting Emily at her studio at 6:30am (for those of you who are never up at that time, yes, it IS still dark). Today was a plyo's workout. Em and I are alternating putting the workouts together, this week was mine so I guess I have no one to blame but myself. At some point I will post the workout, but let's just say that it leaves you feeling like your legs drank a bottle of tequila themselves. As if that wasn't enough for me today, I found myself driving back to the Y this evening for a cardio session. This consisted of a 50 minute running workout with speed and hill intervals. I guess the best way to sum this feeling up would be to say I now feel like someone tied my legs in a pretzel, left them that way for an hour and then untied them and sent me on my way. You get the picture, it was a good workout day - which I have to admit felt pretty good ;)

Ok, now for the title. You are probably wondering, "what the heck is she talking about?" Well this is kinda funny, at least to me anyway. This morning after the plyo's workout Em brought her competition shoes so I could try them on for size, style and to just get a feel for them (they are ordered online so sizing can be tricky). I kept telling Em, "I'm good with heels, I wear them all the time at work". I'm not sure she believed me... so I gracefully slipped my foot into one shoe and then the other (haha! ya right! this was AFTER the plyo's workout). Anyway, got them on my feet and all of the sudden I was a different person! I proceeded to do a runway walk for Em and 'strut what I was workin with'. I kinda felt like a Disney character who is transformed when a shoe or article of clothing is placed on them. Well, that's exactly what happened... I was transformed into the 'diva on the runway'. I always knew I was one... hehehe!

1 comments:

*EM* :) said...

OHHHHHHHHHH my GOSH nicole! I was gonna say the EXACT same thing! Who the HELL put those heels on?!?!? THAT WAS AWESOME! It's like a lightswitch when you put them on! GET IT GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!! Tooo funny, I swear I thought the same thing!

KILLER workouts this week! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
Hasta manana for bootcamp Marissa Style!:)

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been athletic ALL of my life, I think at this point it would be safe to say its in my DNA. I have played many competitive sports (volleyball, basketball, track), have played recreationally (soccer, softball) and have been working out since I was in 4th grade. I started lifting in 7th grade - yes, was even starting to learn the full on olympic lifts. I now enjoy running, hiking, skiing, hangin out at the lake and just being active. I have run a couple of marathons, and recently competed in my first figure show. I am not sure what the future holds for me with regards to my "exercise adventures" but I look forward to finding out...